Monday, November 1, 2010

New Recipes

I have been searching for new recipes to try this holiday season. The following are what I found, enjoy!
If you find anything that looks good and would like to try, email the name of the recipe and we will do the shopping and fit it into the schedule!
I have tried to include most of what is in the recipes to give an idea of what it might taste like, and in case there are food allergies.

Cookies:
I have a million cookie recipes I would like to try, but we aren't focusing on them so I only included a few.

Nut Wedges
When looking at a slideshow I found this recipes. The description said for baklava lovers, without the hassle. My parents LOVE baklava. So, I thought this one might be good to try.
Includes: honey, nuts, cinnamon and chocolate.

Vanilla Bean Shortbread with Orange Buttercream
My dad LOVES shortbread, this is a bit of a twist that takes it to the next level.
Includes: Vanilla and Orange

Fruitcake Macaroons
I know a lot of people hate fruitcake, but my mom's side of the family loves it. I thought this is a good twist on a classic.
Includes: Dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, coconut, cinnamon, orange juice.

Cinnamon Sugar Roll Cookies
Includes: Nuts, cinnamon

No Bake:
Three Layer Bar Cookies
Includes:graham crackers, chocolate, nuts, vanilla pudding
Variation includes: cereal crust and peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Bars
These came with a strong recommendation from one of my friends, it is one of his family favorites.
Includes: Peanut butter, graham crackers and chocolate


Bars:
I have been trying to stay away from links that will be time consuming to flip through. In this case, I decided to make an exception. Too many of these recipes looked amazing, I couldn't decide which ones to post.
http://www.bhg.com/holidays/christmas/cookies/holiday-cookies/
(to scroll through there is a green arrow to the right of the picture)

Breads:
Cornmeal-Blueberry Scones
Includes: Buttermilk, blueberries, almonds (optional), lime

Lemony Scones with Dried Fruit
Includes: various dried fruits and a lemon glaze

Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Includes: Cinnamon, pecans/walnuts

Pear and White Cheddar Quick Bread
Includes: Pear, white cheddar, buttermilk, honey, egg

Banana Bread
Includes: Bananas, walnuts
Variation: Apple butter

Cranberry Twist Bread
Includes: cranberries, pecans, orange

Sour Cream Bread
Includes: Sour cream, cream cheese, egg

English Muffin Bread
I love all kinds of bread, english muffins are one of my favorite breakfast treats. Turning english muffins into bread is intriguing, and worth a try.
Includes: Milk

Spiced Pear-Cherry Bread
Includes: cherries, pears, walnuts, milk


Candies:
I have included quite a few candy recipes because they will last longer than cookies. Since we will be baking before Thanksgiving I figured having something that will last well into December would be nice.

Pink Coconut, Triple Chocolate and Square Truffles
Includes: 3 kinds of chocolate, coconut

Cherry Truffles
Includes: Chocolate, candied cherries, walnuts (optional)

Chocolate Mint Divinity
Includes: Chocolate, peppermint

Peanut Butter Balls

Includes: Peanut butter, chocolate

Fudge
I found a slideshow of some amazing looking fudges, but the links to the recipes are broken. Everyone loves fudge. When we make it in our home it is the first thing to disappear. There is the classic chocolate, or peanut butter, but I also found a recipe for cookies and cream fudge, and honey macadamia nut. If there is one you would like to try I can find a recipe for it!

Cakes:
Overnight Coffee Cake
Includes: nuts, ricotta cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg

Cranberry-Black Walnut Coffee Cake
Includes: Cranberries, walnuts, apple juice, cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment